Wednesday, 20 July 2011

Akayle Na Jana...



Original Singer: Mala
Pakistani Movie: Armaan (1965)
(This version is sung by Humera Channa)
Poetry: Ahmed Rushdi
Music: Suhail Rana
Raag: Aiman
Translation: Amanullah De Sondy

Do not leave alone
Leaving me behind
Without you, how would I possibly live…

This life has given me much sorrow
Do not leave me further sorrow
The request from this pained sight
Is yearning out for you to return
Remember that you had promised
That we would be the support of each other
Do not leave alone

At every corner of the way
There are chains of traditions
Apart from you, everyone else has issues with it
But people live in these difficulties
Those who have no one, they (at least) have God
This misery, this tribulation
These tears, these anguished sighs
Come, let’s share and resolve these between us

Do not leave alone
Leaving me behind
Without you, how would I possibly live…

No comments:

Post a Comment