Monday, 20 December 2010

Iqbal Bano: Let me Sleep...



Remembering a Pakistani great ghazal singer, Iqbal Bano. This translation by my dear friend Saba Hasan.

I am done with waiting now let me sleep
Oh my troubled heart let me sleep
I am done with waiting now let me sleep
Oh my troubled heart let me sleep
I am done with waiting now let me sleep
...
Dont fall for the treachery of the sounds of footfall
Dont fall for the treachery of the sounds of footfall
How can you trust them, let me sleep
Oh my troubled heart, let me sleep
I am done with waiting now let me sleep

In my chest have formed
In my chest have formed mausoleums of desires
Let me sleep
Oh my troubled heart let me sleep
I am done with waiting now let me sleep

What are you looking at, beyond so far away
What are you looking at, beyond far away
One who knows the beloved's house let me sleep
Oh my troubled heart let me sleep
I am done with waiting now let me sleep
Oh my troubled heart let me sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment