Thursday, 18 February 2010

Inayat Ullah 1935-2010


Please pray for my Father who died today at the age of 75, celebrated his birthday in full pomp and glory on Sunday. Having lived a full life I must add, from being a police man in Hong Kong, a short hand typist in Iran, working in former Yugoslavia, Germany and ending up in Bradford and then Glasgow. I remember joking with him about who had traveled the world more during my winter break and he said to me 'you conquered the USA, I never quite got there'. :) My Father had all the stories, traveling the world on a train, plane and automobiles. Always finding a way to sing his favorite Muhammad Rafi tunes, keeping Islam light and fun, I am my Father in many ways... God rest his soul. His funeral will be at Glasgow Central Mosque at 1pm on Friday 19th February.

3 comments:

  1. My thoughts and prayers, and the thoughts and prayers of all at St Augustine's are with you today, Aman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Allah we have come and unto Him is our return. May Allah grant your deceased father a heavenly peace and a place in Jannatul Firdaus. Ameen!

    P.S. I'm also a Rafi Sahaab fan and can thus identify myself with your father's penchant for his songs. He was the best playback singer of the sub-continent of India and Pakistan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Muslim Role Model - your Father (PBUH). Worldly Gentleman, all this is best in a person's work, society and moral guidance towards a family.

    For Muslim men and women - for believing men and women, for devout men and women, for true men and women, for men and women who are patient and constant, for men and women who humble themselves, for men and women who give in charity, for men and women who fast (and deny themselves), for men and women who guard their chastity, and for men and women who engage much in God's praise - for them has God prepared forgiveness and great reward.
    (Qur'an 33:35)

    You have been lucky to have had such a Father.... Will remember and prayer for him on that day. Best Tamina

    ReplyDelete