Monday, 29 June 2009

Wimbledon 2009: Day 7


I had quite a busy day today as I was up early to present thought for the day, as you can see below. The weather was also very hot so I was sweating buckets! I watched a lot of good tennis today! I watched Novak Djokovic of Serbia beat Dudi Sela of Israel on Court 3, glimpses of Venus and Serena Williams (pictured) demolish their Chinese opponents 6-0 6-0, that was just cruel girls! :) And also the match of the day Andy Murray beat Stanislas Wawrinka on a 'roofed' Centre Court which finished around 11pm making it the longest time a match has been played on the green grass there. A great atmosphere on centre court. During the day, apart from watching tennis, I was working on Court 15 which was all Wimbledon Junior matches. I did notice an Omani girl named Fatma playing, although she lost, it gives some hope that Muslim girls are finding their way onto the tennis court!

No comments:

Post a Comment