Friday, 26 June 2009

Wimbledon 2009: Day 5


I arrived back into London very late last night and so waking up and getting dressed to be back on a court felt like I'd been through some form of car wash, and the number of Doc jokes that my fellow umpires littered today was diabolical, typical! :)

I was between Court 16 and Court 19, although I didn't get onto Court 19 because I was a special reserve in my team and was released early, a very sweet team indeed. I enjoyed the Ladies Doubles match that took place on my court today between Garrigues (Spain) abd Pascual (Spain) and Rodionova (Australia) and Voskoboeva (Kazakhstan) as the crowds really rallied behind both teams, it was a special moment in my umpiring career to watch how crucial the support can be at times. I also went to watch the only Pakistani hopeful tennis player around Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi and his Indian partner Prakash Amritraj who beat Austrlian Pakistani Rameez Junaid and German Philipp Marx. I also managed to get quite a smart picture of the US Men's Doubles 1's the Bryan brothers on camera...howzzat for a camera trick capturing identical twins! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment