Friday, 8 August 2008

Asha's Restaurant: Birmingham


I had the honour of visiting Asha Bhosle’s world renowned restaurant in Birmingham whilst I was there. I was a little reluctant in going to a place named after the Bollywood Queen of music but I have to say it was a wonderful experience. Some of us from the International Summer School on Religion and Public Life went there on our day off. As we entered I recognised her famous song ‘Yeh Ladka Hai Allah Kaisa hai Deewana’ – it is a song about a mad boy who seems to have fallen for the girl and she is crying to God (Allah) about his madness and how difficult it is to bring him to his senses. I am attaching her singing this song live in concert, even if you don’t understand it you get a ‘flavour’ (couldn’t help myself!) of how she encapsulates the listener in fun and madness! I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Birmingham where you can enjoy some exclusive Asha Bhosle created dishes and also an array of photographs depicting Asha’s musical career.

No comments:

Post a Comment