Friday, 27 June 2008

Day 5 – Wimbledon 2008




Serena Williams saw off the 2006 Wimbledon Champion Amelie Mauresmo today. It was fairly one sided but I had fun watching this match during my lunch break. Marat Safin kept up his Wimbledon attempt by beating Andreas Seppi in a dark centre court. I get the strange feeling that one or maybe both of the Williams’ sisters will be in this years final. But tut tut I am not showing any favouritism to any of the players. As an official I must remain neutral and wish all the players the best. I was working on Court 7 today. It was a fairly laid back day with too many hours off as opposed to on. We had our first rain delay too, hooray! I must say the court coverers do a great job and in such good timing. Maybe we all need to learn something from their efficiency in protecting something special, in this case the green green grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment