Wednesday, 25 June 2008

Day 3 - Wimbledon 2008


I was working on Court 16 all day today. Another day on the green green grass! The court only saw doubles play. In between I had the chance to nip over to Centre Court where I saw Marat Safin defeating Novak Djokovic in three sets. (Also watched Feliciano Lopez and Anna Chakvetadze win their matches too.) The atmosphere was intense because everyone had this feeling that Safin would go mad and lose it all, little did they know, or did he know? I hear him say in an interview that he had booked his return ticket back to Moscow because he didn’t think he would beat Djokovic. Ah, that’s what tennis is all about one might say but I’d say that’s the great way that God plays games with us. Only because God can! God pulls us up and down in the most interesting of scenarios and ‘games’ leaving us moved from where we were!

No comments:

Post a Comment