Friday, 26 October 2007

Zionism, Israel and Peace

I have recently been accused of being a 'Zionist' for my progressive views that peace should be established between Israelis (who can be Jews or otherwise), Muslims, the Arab world. I firmly believe that by visiting Israel every year I am not 'losing my faith' but infact strengthening it. To be of faith demands us to promote peace wherever we can. Every year when I go to Israel I meet so many different people, some are anti-Israel, or anti-Arab but deep within them they all yearn for peace. Peace cannot prevail unless they rid themselves of these prejudices and take steps towards the other, offering a hand of friendship and humanity, easier said than done but I have hope that the love of God will prevail in the Holy Land and it will become a land for all in the very near future.

Some very courageous views from the Egyptian American writer, Nonie Darwish, on Arabs, Muslims and Israel. Some may find my decision to promote her a little confusing as Darwish is a convert from Islam to Christianity. Shock horror! Yea, yea, we all know the apostacy laws of Islam. Converts do not bother me in the least as a Muslim I believe that everyone has the right to choose whatever religion and path to God as they wish. At the end of the day it is not I, or you, who judges individuals, thank the Lord for this! However, I do believe that as a Muslim one must grapple and struggle (Jihad) with all that humanity has made ugly within Islam in order to experience the beautiful which God had intended it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment