Monday, 29 October 2007

Eid-al-Fitr Party!







Some of you have been emailing me asking about my Eid Party photos. So here they are! I had an Eid Party at my flat on Sunday 14th October and around 30 folk came along for a pot-luck dinner!

Eid is a time of celebration, the mercy and blessing of God for giving us the strength to fast for a whole month in His remembrance. It is a time when we must share that love with everyone and I wanted to organise an Eid party where I invited close friends (and family) and also not-so-close friends who I wanted to get to know. I meaningfully have not mentioned the words Muslim or non-Muslim because for me it is beyond these terms. The party was a huge success and we all had loads of fun! I have not added names to the photos in order to safeguard identity, those who know will know:) I'm a little worried, I have started a tradition which I must follow every Eid....hmmmm ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment